1/2/16

New Years Resolutions


I don't usually make resolutions. I have never kept one except the one where I said "no more resolutions". Sadly I think many people think that they will miraculously change a lifetime of bad habits in a few days or weeks and they're usually disappointed. I do have some goals for this year coming, but those would have been goals despite the fact that we're now in 2016. And they don't include mini miracles that I'm somehow responsible for bringing to light.


  1. I will be posting more often on my blog. I plan on using this to tell Jamey's story, give updates, rant and rave over everything and then apologize for being a huge doo doo head. I want to raise awareness for the causes that are affecting our family and maybe just open someone's eyes who just didn't know, or didn't understand before.
  2. I truly hope we find some answers concerning Jamey's diagnoses. it really depends on who you talk to on what is going on. His medical records (which I did not write) say cirrhosis, Dr King says pre cirrhotic (which means we have hope to reverse possibly) and honestly, Dr Behari isn't saying much of anything. Dr Yang is NOT a happy camper though, he was really worried when the records first showed cirrhosis (I explained that we in no way blamed him, we went into the medication with an informed decision. He is not to blame in any way.) 
  3. I would love to see some sort of regular pain relief for him that won't finish off his liver, but lets him live a semi normal life part of the time. I want him to finish school and we're running out of time. 
  4. I want to find some time for myself. Maybe possibly time for friends. I miss my friends. Life keeps pushing forward and I feel completely stuck. 


How do you feel about resolutions? Did you make any this year? Have you ever kept any? Comment and let us know! 


0 Comments:

@TerrorMom

My photo

I guess I'm actually supposed to fill this out. I'm a passionate medical mom of a 19 year old liver/CRPS patient. My goal with my blog is to raise awareness for his conditions. And to hash out my feelings about it. There are a lot of raw emotions when your life is suddenly stalled by any illness, let alone your child's illness. 

I'm also attempting to either "find myself" or "remake myself". So much of my time and energy goes into caring for both my mother (end stage COPD) and son, along with trying to be Mom to my younger son and a wife, that most of the time I feel lost. I tend to put myself on a back burner and right now I'm burning out. 
 

At Home With TerrorMom Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang