1/2/16

I need advice

I've made it no secret on FaceBook that we're dealing with some behavioural changes with Jamey. There could be a multitude of reasons stemming from medication, depression that this is going on for so long, that his pain is just getting worse, or from his illnesses themselves. Liver disease is an ugly disease. CRPS is just as ugly. One of his problems is either sleep walking or that he is outright forgetting what he is doing. He's walked through the living room, with company here, shirtless and that is not my ultra modest son. Upstairs, he'll walk around in his boxers. That is also not my son. Jamey has always been super modest, almost ridiculously so. I hadn't seen him without a shirt and at least shorts since he was ten until now. He's fallen asleep in the shower, he's fallen asleep fully dressed and woken up completely undressed, and he's forgotten that he's come down stairs to get his medication. I think we have a plan in place in order to prevent him from taking extra doses again. We have a pad lock and hasp on the gun room door, it will keep him out as long as he doesn't go for it in a rage. (and rages are possible with liver disease, some cases act a lot like dementia.) I don't know what else to do in order to keep him safe. (or to prevent one of his aunts or Mom's therapists or nurses from seeing him in his boxers.)


It's worrisome because I have read so much about it. I don't want him to hurt himself. I can deal with the personality changes. I know they're temporary. I couldn't live with the fact that I could have protected him better and hadn't. And I can't not sleep.


In other news: I will be joining in on some Link Parties. I'm not domestic, so don't expect recipes and crafty stuff, But, I'm trying to find some that will fit in with my "mission". Support and awareness for medical families and caretakers. Getting back to me. I'm a bit nervous about it because I am not the most conventional blogger out there. I try to join in and then life happens. And it opens me up to criticism that I may not be ready for. Sometimes my feelings are pretty raw.


I'm also following an older version of 365 blog posts. Kinda. There are some that I will change. They don't all apply to my life and whats going on. I am also going to be looking into hosting if I can find something affordable. Affordable is the key. And I'm looking for advice on how to make things better. I eventually want to add guest bloggers to tell their stories, give others a voice. I don't expect things to take off over night. Especially since things are so very unpredictable at home.


What advice would you give a newer blogger? How can I keep things interesting?

0 Comments:

@TerrorMom

My photo

I guess I'm actually supposed to fill this out. I'm a passionate medical mom of a 19 year old liver/CRPS patient. My goal with my blog is to raise awareness for his conditions. And to hash out my feelings about it. There are a lot of raw emotions when your life is suddenly stalled by any illness, let alone your child's illness. 

I'm also attempting to either "find myself" or "remake myself". So much of my time and energy goes into caring for both my mother (end stage COPD) and son, along with trying to be Mom to my younger son and a wife, that most of the time I feel lost. I tend to put myself on a back burner and right now I'm burning out. 
 

At Home With TerrorMom Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang