1/3/16

Bucket lists? Who has time for a bucket list?

 One of the writing prompts is "What is your eleventh item on your bucket list?". And for anyone who may not know, a bucket list is a list of things you want to do before you "kick the bucket".

 I don't have a bucket list, so I really can't share anything that's on it, let alone a certain number. I have dreams, and places I would like to visit, but if I don't make it there, I'm not going to go into the afterlife completely ticked off.

Your dreams have a habit of being put on hold when you child is sick. And I know it sounds like I play the sick kid card quite often, but my own personal wishes are nothing compared to the very idea of saving his life. His health, and his brothers health are what is important. There will be a time for me, but my priority has to be them. That doesn't mean that I have no dreams of my own. It doesn't mean that the situation doesn't frustrate me. It means that I have to put them first.



Do you have a bucket list? Whats on it?

0 Comments:

@TerrorMom

My photo

I guess I'm actually supposed to fill this out. I'm a passionate medical mom of a 19 year old liver/CRPS patient. My goal with my blog is to raise awareness for his conditions. And to hash out my feelings about it. There are a lot of raw emotions when your life is suddenly stalled by any illness, let alone your child's illness. 

I'm also attempting to either "find myself" or "remake myself". So much of my time and energy goes into caring for both my mother (end stage COPD) and son, along with trying to be Mom to my younger son and a wife, that most of the time I feel lost. I tend to put myself on a back burner and right now I'm burning out. 
 

At Home With TerrorMom Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang