1/15/16

A Friday Chat

I had to cut yesterdays chat fairly short. There were some issues with Mother. I'm still ticked off about a lot of it, so I won't go into it here. I do want to keep things fairly positive.

Jamey started a new medication last night. Bah bah Bahm: It numbed part of his head. Numbed is kinda good because numb doesn't hurt as much. He's had a headache since his last trigger point injection over a year ago. He stopped them because the rebound headaches from them were hideous. Numb is very very good. I'm waiting to see if it's more effective today or not. If so, I will call the pain clinic and let them know. And then next week, he has another medication to start that will require blood work every two weeks. A small price to pay if it works.



I plan on getting Jim and Ed to help take down the Christmas tree tonight. Yes, I am one of those lazy witches who still have it up. In my defense, it's been a bad month for my knees and I did something to my right arm. I can barely pick up a coffee cup without pain most of the time. I'm trying to give it time to heal, but that hasn't been possible. Laundry is torture. I'm one of those right handed people who is almost worthless with my left hand.


I'm not too sure how much longer I have on here. From the sounds of it, my Dad's up and Mom is in the hospital right now. He needs to take her some clothes and some snacks because the doctors look at her chart and automatically order a diabetic diet while shes on steroids. That doesn't work. Especially since the woman is so freaking picky that she barely eats anything. I keep looking around here and seeing everything I could be trying to get done while shes in the hospital. I will probably be putting some guys to work this weekend. Downstairs will take me no time at all outside of the 80 billion plants that need watered. Jamey's room and the attic (as well as Christmas decorations) are the priorities right now.



So, what are your weekend plans?

0 Comments:

@TerrorMom

My photo

I guess I'm actually supposed to fill this out. I'm a passionate medical mom of a 19 year old liver/CRPS patient. My goal with my blog is to raise awareness for his conditions. And to hash out my feelings about it. There are a lot of raw emotions when your life is suddenly stalled by any illness, let alone your child's illness. 

I'm also attempting to either "find myself" or "remake myself". So much of my time and energy goes into caring for both my mother (end stage COPD) and son, along with trying to be Mom to my younger son and a wife, that most of the time I feel lost. I tend to put myself on a back burner and right now I'm burning out. 
 

At Home With TerrorMom Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang