12/9/15

It's Wednesday~ Let's Chat


So I promised to spill my guts. Don't worry family, this is about me, ok so the kids and Jim will be thrown in and maybe my love of all things torture to at least two of my sisters. But you have to admit, you make it so darned easy. And the boys get even lol.


Two of my sisters are terrified of creepy crawly things. I am not. I am the oldest sibling and no matter what people say, you never outgrow the simple joys of torturing your siblings. It's not all about embarrassment anymore (although, I'm fairly certain they were born without shame. And no, I won't elaborate. That's their tale to tell.) (and no, I till have never gotten over my little sister walking up to a classmate at a sixth, seventh, and eighth grade dance, while he was with his girlfriend, and telling him he was cute. And then she danced with the DJ who was still taller than her on his knees. It was the last dance I ever went to.) I can easily be embarrassed. They are fairly open about their sex lives, I've been married since I was twenty and pretty private about it (heck yeah, I'm a prude and not ashamed of it.) So they DO get even, just not on Facebook. I however have no issue in posting videos and pictures of spiders and tagging them. Hey I have no life, what else am I going to do while making sure Mother stays put? 

However, I very rarely get a chance to spook Baby Sister. I have snuck up on her in public places a time or two, but she's not hilariously frightened by pictures of critters. Our two middle sisters though, will continue to get the pictures until I do my duty and cure them of the phobia's I helped to create. (I seriously do not know how my mother, nor my two sisters survived my childhood.) 



I am a coffee addict. Which, if you follow me on FaceBook or know me offline, you already know. The sad thing, both my boys have known how to make coffee for over ten years. Jamey has more than once gotten me a cup of coffee before I woke up so that I wouldn't growl at them. I'm horrible. I am getting better. The last person I actually growled at was my boss. I haven't worked outside the house in three years. I guess all that having to function without coffee at the hospital was good for something. (TIP: if a child is hospitalised and the parent is staying, hospital coffee is expensive! Foldgers makes coffee in a tea bag like thing a ma jig. It would make a really nice gift while visiting.) 


As unAmerican as it sounds, I hate pizza. I also hate spaghetti sauce. But I love tomatoes. I wasn't always that way. I think I can actually pinpoint the moment when pizza was forever ruined for me. During my pregnancy with Jamey and smelling a pizza for Jim from Natrona Heights to South Buffalo. It made me so so sick. So, I guess it's all Jim's fault. I can't blame Jamey. 


The only phobia my children have not cured me of, is the fear of loosing one of them. It used to be just hearing the word ticks or lice would have me itching up a storm. There were times that I literally broke my skin open. That does not mean that I am willing to make pets out of them, but the nightmares have stopped. (yes truly, nightmares. It's quite embarrassing to admit.) The other irrational fear was severed hands that crawled. It came from some B rated horror movie when I was little. Although, I am fairly certain that if I saw a six foot tall lizard man hissing his way up the street, this girl is going into hiding. (Land of The Lost Sleestaks shudder) I have never claimed to be normal. 


Well, thats it for this episode. If I get time, maybe another later. 






0 Comments:

@TerrorMom

My photo

I guess I'm actually supposed to fill this out. I'm a passionate medical mom of a 19 year old liver/CRPS patient. My goal with my blog is to raise awareness for his conditions. And to hash out my feelings about it. There are a lot of raw emotions when your life is suddenly stalled by any illness, let alone your child's illness. 

I'm also attempting to either "find myself" or "remake myself". So much of my time and energy goes into caring for both my mother (end stage COPD) and son, along with trying to be Mom to my younger son and a wife, that most of the time I feel lost. I tend to put myself on a back burner and right now I'm burning out. 
 

At Home With TerrorMom Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang