12/14/15

It's Monday Not So Funday~ Let's Chat




What a day! I had to reschedule Ed's appointment to Wednesday. I forgot that Jamey's appointment is Thursday (why was I thinking the 23rd?) I'll figure it out, I usually do. I also made appointments for Pain, Psych, and the headache clinic. He has three more appointments this year. Ed has one. I have none :) Now to get Mom to make one for her PCP, her lung doctor and to call GI.


Speaking of Mom: She's back on the kick that it's the carpeting and air filter causing her shortness of breathe. She tends to forget that shes in Respiratory Failure. The newest, dust free environment is not going to help her breathing any more. She also just told her OT that her doctor feels he has gone as far as he can for her. Dad has been praising him for keeping her alive and not giving up on her. He has. She just won't admit it. There's a program much like hospice that he's referred her too. She needs to make an appointment for them to talk to Dad. It might be her best bet for now. But, I'm not allowed an opinion. (and it sounds like she may be coming out to the kitchen.) (Stopped with a breathing treatment.) 


Jamey actually came downstairs this morning. He's hunched over like the Hunchback of Notre Dame, but he came downstairs. Mom wants to either bake cookies (err she wants ME to bake cookies) or put up the tree. I am not lugging that tree downstairs by myself nor am I moving the chair by myself. She'll wait til Jim is home. And baking is out of the question since she can't breath worth crap right now. Thats all I need, her falling over dead in the middle of chocolate chips. Dad would make me finish the freaking cookies. (laugh or cry, I choose not to sit here in tears, again.) She's supposed to slowly increase activity. She was doing nada before, she couldn't even walk to the kitchen. How in the world does she expect to make cookies and cinnamon rolls? She even wants to make nut rolls. Not gonna happen. I'll be dialing 911 sometime this week with how things are right now. 



The news is reporting a record number of pistol permits. That means there are a ton more idiots out there with guns. I understand that people are scared, but the average person is not cut out to shoot another human being no matter how bad ass they think they are. And people are getting them without being tested to see if they can even shoot the darn guns. In order to get a drivers license, you need to pass two tests, I really think they need to come up with something regarding pistol permits. Yes we have the right to bear arms, but we also have to right to not be shot in Walmart through Grandma's purse because she forgot to flip the safety on. You should be able to not only point and shoot, but you should know how your weapon operates. I'm not against guns, I am against irresponsible owners who think a gun will protect them. Chances are, the majority will never have the gun leave it's harness. And there are people out there who should never have access to a Nerf Gun let alone a real firing weapon. They lead to false bravo and people accidentally being killed. 


I really wish Trump would stop trending on Twitter and the news. The guys a joke and I can't believe people are listening to him. The GOP is going to, once again, provide a candidate that is a complete and utter joke of a human being. And as a society, we are proving to the world that we have learned absolutely nothing from our past mistakes. I just pray that the choices are not between Clinton and Trump. I would have to vote for anyone instead. Hell, I'd write in McCain and he isn't running. (and on that note, I will stop my political rantings)



Baby Wyatt, who was portrayed on WPXI for being in need of a liver transplant, has received his call. It's not a definite yet. It never is, this could end up being a dry run. But I am praying that this is his answer. And I'm praying for the family who was generous enough to make such a gift available during such a dark period in their lives. For every transplant organ donor, there are families that are celebrating the chance of hope, and there is the family that is grieving a horrific loss. It's something transplant families must accept especially with cadaver organs. Every organ is a precious precious gift.  



I think I have Mom talked into taking it easy until Jim gets home to help with the tree. I kind of crudely told her that I didn't want to call 911 with her passed out in the chocolate chips. She kinda laughed at that, so I told her the peanut butter would be worse. I can whip up a batch of cookies in the evenings with no real problems. That way, Jim will be here to help, or Ed. And Ed eats sugar cookie dough. I hate sugar cookies. They are a major pain in the lower region of the body. 


My card to Andrew is going out today. He should receive it sometime this week. I did give my email address, but didn't give my blog. Of course, if he googles what kind of lunatic sent him a Christmas card, he'll find it. I just hope he puts an end to the AT&T emails. And seriously, it's not like I will ever pay his bill, he's better off getting them sent to him. 





Oh well, off to research ALT, AST and GGTP in order to best describe them in Liver Health. Have a great Monday. 







0 Comments:

@TerrorMom

My photo

I guess I'm actually supposed to fill this out. I'm a passionate medical mom of a 19 year old liver/CRPS patient. My goal with my blog is to raise awareness for his conditions. And to hash out my feelings about it. There are a lot of raw emotions when your life is suddenly stalled by any illness, let alone your child's illness. 

I'm also attempting to either "find myself" or "remake myself". So much of my time and energy goes into caring for both my mother (end stage COPD) and son, along with trying to be Mom to my younger son and a wife, that most of the time I feel lost. I tend to put myself on a back burner and right now I'm burning out. 
 

At Home With TerrorMom Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang