12/8/15

All about me

I've been doing a lot of reading about blogging recently. And building an audience. I think I have the basics down, but people really don't know me. Oh you all know I'm opinionated. You know I have a sick kid. You also know that I post way too much on social media and that I'm OK with that. But who is Missy anyway? What are my likes and dislikes? What deep dark secrets do I keep hidden in the underwear drawer? The truth is, quite a lot.



For one, you don't know that I really do want this blog to take off. I don't need fame and fortune, but I eventually would like to be a voice for whats important to me. I do want to help others especially those with sick kids who don't feel they have anyone who understands. I would love to build a community together who supports one another in any way possible. This has been the most terrifying part of my life to date. My kid has a terminal illness. He's eventually going to need a transplant. And I am not alone. There are thousands out there with stories just as scary. Mom's and Dad's who lay awake at night, not with worries of paying for Christmas or college, but medications and appointments.


You may know how much this consumes me at times. But do you also realize that I'm fighting like mad to make sure my younger son has a semi normal life? It is not an easy balancing act. And there are times that I fail miserably. My youngest son is so easy going and forgiving though. Thank God for that because f it were his brother? There would be hell to pay and even Jamey admits that. Jamey is not, nor ever has been an easy child. 



My goal for 2016 is at least a post a day. In the days leading up to that, I plan on spilling my guts and letting you get to know me. If you have a question, drop me a comment, or tweet it to me. I may learn something in the process. It should be pretty interesting and possibly fun. 

0 Comments:

@TerrorMom

My photo

I guess I'm actually supposed to fill this out. I'm a passionate medical mom of a 19 year old liver/CRPS patient. My goal with my blog is to raise awareness for his conditions. And to hash out my feelings about it. There are a lot of raw emotions when your life is suddenly stalled by any illness, let alone your child's illness. 

I'm also attempting to either "find myself" or "remake myself". So much of my time and energy goes into caring for both my mother (end stage COPD) and son, along with trying to be Mom to my younger son and a wife, that most of the time I feel lost. I tend to put myself on a back burner and right now I'm burning out. 
 

At Home With TerrorMom Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang